|Deposit and Cancellation Information
|Terms and Conditions
Fairbairn House is a small private boutique establishment for discerning travellers. Wherever possible we will try to be flexible to assist guests to have an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.
• Check In/Out - Guests may check in between 2pm and 10pm, unless by special arrangement to suit travel arrangements. Check out by 11.00am.
• We have a minimum two night stay Friday and Saturday, and over “Special Event” periods/holiday weekends, unless by prior arrangement.
• Guests will take all reasonable care of the house and its contents, and are responsible should any damage occur.
• Not suitable for children under 18.
• Sorry but we are not able to accommodate animals.
• Smoking is only allowed in some of the outside open air areas.
• Parking for guests is provided on site.
• Free courtesy arrival/departure transfers to and from Taupo Airport and township.
• Prices are in New Zealand dollars including 15% GST (NZ goods and service tax).
• Room rate options are detailed on the website according to guest requirements and (apart from the Stay Only option) include a gourmet continental breakfast hamper.
• A deposit equal to the full booking amount is required. The deposit will be refunded according to the cancellation policy.
• Payments by credit card, internet banking, PayPal, cash or cheque.
We understand that circumstances can change and may require dates to be altered or a booking cancelled. As a small establishment this can impact on us significantly, particularly if at relatively short notice. Therefore our cancellation policy is as follows:
• If the booking is cancelled more than 28 days before arrival there is no cancellation charge.
• If the booking is cancelled 14 to 28 days before arrival then a charge equal to 25% of the stay will be made.
• If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
• In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) no refund will be given.